We’re keeping you up to date on openings, launches and stuff you might want to know.
Since we last checked in in August there’s been a bucketload of new stuff. Let’s get started.
Also, take a look back at what you might have missed in April, May and June.
New additions to the evolving Grand Central development!
- In late August Chong Co and Yum Cha Cuisine upped our Asian food game.
- Toowoomba Fresh launched the Market Room in the first week of September.
- A mother and daughter duo launched Harper Bee on 9 September. This tween store is all about age-appropriate clothes, accessories and tech.
- Kidstuff opened on 14 October, offering toys that inspire individuality and reward curiosity.
- Max Brenner – opened in October. Hello sugar, bye bye summer bod.
- Korean-Asian supermarket Hanaro Mart joined Grand Central’s Market Room in November.
- On 30 November Italian restaurant Vapiano opened. Fun fact: each Vapiano store has an olive tree, and all of those trees have come from Australis Plants, which are based in Helidon and Highfields.
- Locals Full of Life Organics opened in the Market Room on 26 November. They’ve been hanging out in the Walton Stores and have just expanded to GC.
- Passiontree Velvet are now serving up sweets in Grand Central’s retail galleria – they opened on Friday 1 December. They’re a fine French-style patisserie from Brisbane.
- WOW! Excellence in Hair is opening this Wednesday 6 December. They use premium colour products that are oil infused.
- Well hello Central Seafood Market! They opened on 2 December (just in time for Christmas) and have live mudcrabs and oysters and fresh a-grade wild caught Australian seafood. Find them in the Market Room!
Openings, launches and coming soon
Late August brought us the opening of Little Viet Bep – yummy banh mi, rice paper rolls and more. Find them in Margaret Street near Sofra.
In the first week of September The Source Bulk Foods had their long-awaited opening. They’re on Campbell Street.
If you like burgers you’re in luck – Oporto are now offering their Portuguese chicken flavours at the Intersection. **Oporto are having a super fun opening celebration this Friday 8 December from noon. There will be giveaways, fun, games and the chance to sample their delicious flame grilled chicken offering thanks to the ‘Oporto on Wheels’, or Sobre Rodas.
Plus Baskin-Robbins has done a switcheroo closing their Stenner Street and moving in to the Intersection (Ruthven and Alderley Streets).
A rare non-food related opening – we said hello to the Wild Haven Collective from early October – they offer gorgeous homeware goods and gifts. Find them on Russell Street near Air Hair.
November also brought us the I-can’t-wait-to-try-it Emeraude at Hampton – a micro-region eatery serving up the most delectable looking dishes.
Sadly Tom Collins Bar served their last drink in late August.
And finally, Bonjour Boulangerie closed their retail offering at the Australia Arcade, however good news – you can still find them at the Toowoomba Farmers’ Market and online. They’re doing a Christmas Day delivery so get on that asap!
Images: Supplied by Grand Central and Oporto